Friday, July 6, 2012

THE CAT'S MEOW


Those folks who own cats know that petting them and playing with them can be a cathartic experience.  These feline friends help to eliminate our stress and anxiety.  I began to notice that "cathartic" is an interesting word.  Broken down by syllables you get...
Ca - thar - tic

Do you see what I see?  Right there in front of me I noticed...

Cat - h - Art - ic

I took this for a sign from Osiris, the Egyptian cat god, that I should post some of my favorite cat art and some photos.  Oh mighty Osiris, I beseech thee to accept my humble offerings of cat humor!

But first, I want to explain why I relate so well to cat images and humor.  I have a short-haired tabby cat named Quincy...


...he has condescended to live with me for about 15 years.  We have shared every day together, and at some point I began to think of us as "The Odd Couple".  He cleans himself all the time, so I imagine I am Oscar to his Felix (how appropriate).
 

Cats do indeed have staff, while dogs have masters, as the saying goes.  Some time ago I realized that all I am to Quincy is a butler who serves to please.  Once he determines that I should get up, then I must feed him, let him out, and give him a drink from a faucet...then he decides to sleep.

When he sleeps, I think I can get some things done, but the moment I move he gets up and starts the pattern all over again.  If I don't respond right away to his not-so-subtle requests (read 'command'), I must endure that evil cat gaze...


...or those never ending "meows".  Not just his simple incessant meowing, but the ones that change pitch from a command tone to one of pathetic mewings, as if to say, "I am so neglected; please think of me for once...I'm dying of hunger here."


 

In the evening he is most likely to be sweet and needy for affection.  I love this time of day.  Even at this time, though, I feel like he is in control.  No sooner has he gone all cute on me, usually attaching himself to a part of my body...


...then my pesky prostate says, "Get up you putz, you need to pee again."  I even feel guilty if I get up and disturb this rare moment, so I just sit there hoping they don't advertise any water purification products on TV, or exotic water slides and waterfalls at the Atlantis resort.

I do love Quincy an awful lot, and I know I would be miserable without him; we have been very good for each other.  He even seems to appreciate the photos and art that decorates my every wall...


I'll keep him around, even if he can be a pain sometimes.  Yet, I'm sure he feels the exact same way about me!

All righty then, here I go with the cat art!  

First up, my favorite Simon Tofield videos... 







 



Second up, another fun Simon Tofield video...this one is all too familiar...






 Have fun with the rest...











The obligatory zombie cat is next...boy, I'm burnt out over the zombie craze (especially since they are actually ghouls, but don't get me started on that).



I've already posted an image of Felix, but here are some famous cats...










The next cartoon could be considered science fiction, or at least fantasy...




I can't resist adding images of Creepy Cats while I'm here.  Throughout history, cats have represented all things sinister, evil and magic.  Witches have "familiars", villains pet cats held in their arms, and that the fact that cat eyes glow in the dark is just plain unnerving.  Check out the images in this Cat-e gory...
















I know there are lots more cartoons and fun pics, so I will add those as I find them.

Meanwhile, enjoy these, or mighty Osiris...I will be back with further offerings!


 




 TTFN!










CAVEAT: I hope I am not fined or arrested for posting the things I have.  I have no doubt that some of these images, if not all, are copyrighted.  I do not claim them as my own; I have posted them only for the readers' enjoyment!


No comments:

Post a Comment